Manchester United’s players have carried their recent fine form in the Premier League into the international break, with the majority playing decisive roles in wins for their international sides. Below is a summary of the players performances on the international break so far.
- Raphael Varane (France): Clean Sheet as Captain in a 2-0 Win against Austria
- Diogo Dalot (Portugal): 2 Goals – Clean Sheet in a 4-0 Win against the Czech Republic
- Bruno Fernandes (Portugal): 1 Goal, 1 Assist – in a 4-0 Win against the Czech Republic
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal): 1 Assist in a 4-0 Win against the Czech Republic
- Scott McTominay (Scotland): 7.6 Rating in a 2-1 Win against Ireland
- Lisandro Martinez (Argentina): Clean Sheet in a 3-0 Win against Honduras
- Harry Maguire (England): 6.6 Rating in a 1-0 Loss to Italy
- Casemiro (Brazil): Clean Sheet in a 3-0 win against Ghana
- * Alex Telles (Brazil): 7.1 Rating and Clean Sheet in a 3-0 Win against Ghana
- Luke Shaw (England), Anthony Elanga (Sweden), and Antony (Brazil) made appearances off the bench
- Victor Lindelof (Sweden) looked shaky in a 4-1 Loss to Serbia
These high-level performances by the Manchester United players reflect the positive momentum building at the club. It’s apparent that after nearly four months in the post, Erik Ten Hag is implementing a system at Manchester United that is slowly bringing out the best versions of these players – providing them a platform to develop their game and grow confidence. With thirteen matches left to play before the World Cup break, the key will be to carry this fine form through this arduous stretch of fixtures.
Hopefully this international break brings even more motivation and belief to the squad, who are set to play Manchester City in the Premier League next Sunday.
Image from here