This is a fully-funded scholarship that covers tuition fees, living expenses, insurance, and travel expenses to Sweden. It also offers you the opportunity to participate in activities within the Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL), a platform to help you grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
To be eligible for the SISGP 2024, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of one of the 41 eligible countries for the scholarship. These countries are mostly from Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe.
- You must have at least 3,000 hours of work experience from a maximum of three organizations/companies. The work experience must be relevant to the master’s programme that you are applying for. You must also have a leadership experience from your current or previous work.
- You must have applied for and been admitted to one or two eligible master’s programmes at University Admissions by 15 April 2024. The master’s programmes must be full-time, one-year or two-year programmes that start in the autumn semester 2024. The programmes must be taught in English and accredited by the Swedish Higher Education Authority.
- You must have demonstrated leadership potential and a clear idea of how your education will contribute to the sustainable development of your home country and region.
- You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities and have not already lived in Sweden for two or more years when the scholarship period is due to begin.
- You must show proof of your English language proficiency by submitting a valid test result from TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge ESOL, or Pearson PTE Academic. The minimum scores vary depending on the master’s programme that you are applying for.
The SISGP 2024 is a full-ride scholarship that includes:
- Full tuition fee coverage. The fee is paid directly by the Swedish Institute (SI) to your Swedish university at the beginning of each semester.
- A monthly stipend of SEK 11,000 (approximately USD 1,250) to cover your living expenses throughout the study period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- A travel grant of SEK 15,000 (approximately USD 1,700) for scholars from most countries or SEK 10,000 (approximately USD 1,100) for scholars from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- Membership in the NFGL – a platform to help you grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden. After your scholarship period has ended, you become a member of the SI Alumni Network – a network that offers you continued networking and professional development opportunities.
The scholarship does not:
- Provide additional grants for family members or dependents.
- Cover the application fee to University Admissions (SEK 900 or approximately USD 100).
- Allow changes to the study programme or extensions to the scholarship period.
You can also check this out: Dalarna University Postgraduate Scholarships 2024
To apply for the SISGP 2024, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- You must have completed your bachelor’s degree or equivalent by 31 August 2024.
- You must submit a motivation letter that explains why you are applying for the scholarship and how your education will contribute to the sustainable development of your home country and region. The letter should not exceed 600 words and should follow the template provided by SI.
- You must submit an updated CV that includes your work experience and leadership experience. The CV should not exceed three pages and should follow the Europass format.
- You must submit two letters of reference that support your application. One letter should be from your current or most recent employer and one letter should be from another person who can attest to your professional skills and leadership potential. The letters should not exceed one page each and should follow the template provided by SI.
- You must submit a copy of your valid passport that shows your personal data, photo, signature, and validity period.
To apply for the SISGP 2024, you must prepare and upload the following documents to the SI online application portal:
- A motivation letter in PDF format that follows the template provided by SI.
- A CV in PDF format that follows the Europass format.
- Two letters of reference in PDF format that follow the template provided by SI.
- A copy of your passport in PDF, JPG, or PNG format that shows your personal data, photo, signature, and validity period.
- A proof of work and leadership experience in PDF format. This can be a certificate of employment, a letter of recommendation, or any other document that verifies your work experience and leadership experience. The document should clearly state your name, the name and contact details of the employer or organization, the dates and duration of your employment or involvement, the position or role that you held, and the main tasks and responsibilities that you performed.
- A proof of English language proficiency in PDF format. This can be a test result from TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge ESOL, or Pearson PTE Academic. The test result must be valid throughout the application period and should clearly state your name, the name and contact details of the test center, the date and score of the test, and the validity period of the test.
You can also check this out: ETH Zurich Fully Funded Scholarships 2024-25
To apply for the SISGP 2024, you must follow these steps:
- Step 1: Apply for a master’s programme at University Admissions by 15 January 2024. You can choose up to four programmes from different universities. Make sure that the programmes are eligible for the SISGP and that you meet the admission requirements. You will need to pay an application fee of SEK 900 and submit your supporting documents by 1 February 2024.
- Step 2: Apply for a scholarship at the SI online application portal by 18 February 2024. You will need to create an account and fill in an online application form. You will also need to upload your motivation letter, CV, letters of reference, passport copy, proof of work and leadership experience, and proof of English language proficiency. You can only apply for one scholarship per academic year.
- Step 3: Wait for the notification of selection results by 28 April 2024. You will receive an email from SI informing you whether you have been awarded a scholarship or not. You will also be able to see your status on your account at the SI online application portal.
- Step 4: Accept or decline your scholarship offer by 7 May 2024. If you have been awarded a scholarship, you will need to confirm your acceptance by logging in to your account at the SI online application portal and clicking on the accept button. If you decline or fail to respond by the deadline, your scholarship offer will be withdrawn.
- Step 5: Prepare for your studies in Sweden by following the instructions and guidance provided by SI and your Swedish university. You will need to apply for a residence permit, book your travel tickets, arrange your accommodation, register for your courses, and attend the introduction activities organized by SI and NFGL.
The deadline to apply for the SISGP 2024 is 18 February 2024 at 14:59 Central European Time (CET). Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
How to Apply
To apply for the SISGP 2024, you must visit the official website of the Swedish Institute and follow the instructions and links provided there. You will need to access two different online platforms: University Admissions for applying for a master’s programme and SI online application portal for applying for a scholarship. You will also need to prepare and upload all the required documents in PDF format.
Scholarship Official website: Swedish Institute Scholarship For Global Professionals From Developing Countries 2024.